Coronavirus Health and Safety Plan
Dear NCA Church Family,
We want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. To that end, we are asking you, our church family, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, we will remain open and we will continue to have services on Sundays and midweek programming. In the event that local and state health officials do mandate closure or we determine it is in the best interest of our church family to close, we will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our website, emails, and social media.
Here’s how we are committed to keeping our campus clean and safe:
· We will not pass offering bags/plates during our services but will have them available on the way out of the Worship Center or classrooms. I would like to recommend the idea of giving your tithe and offerings online. During this time, we want to continue to minister to our community and help meet needs. If you need assistance setting up online giving, please feel free to call the church office. https://www.ncalife.org/give
· We will suspend our meet and greet time during the service until further notice. When encountering others at church, we recommend you greet each other with smiles and waves instead of handshakes.
· We will sanitize highly touched surfaces before and after services such as doors, handles, tables, drinking fountains, check-in stations, and bathrooms.
· Our staff and volunteer teams wash their hands frequently and will stay home if they are sick.
· We will continue to thoroughly sanitize all children’s toys and play areas. This is a regular practice at our church.
· We will suspend the serving of Communion until further notice.
We encourage you to take every precaution to keep yourself and others safe. You can help stop the spread of viruses in the following ways:
· Stay home when you or your family members are sick. While at home you can listen online to our Sunday messages. Most will be posted by Monday evening.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
· Please sneeze or cough into your elbow and get in the habit of not touching your face.
· If you are returning from a high-alert area, we urge you to consider refraining from attending church events, classes, and services for the recommended 14-day time frame.
· If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know right away so we can find a way to help, pray for everyone involved, and take the necessary precautions.
We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
Together we have faith to receive everything that God has promised to us by His word. We will continue to experience a wonderful, Spirit-filled atmosphere at our services, and we look forward to ministering to you each week.
This is what we know at this point time and will keep you updated as additional information becomes available from public health officials.
In the meantime, please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html orhttps://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus for the most current information.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Have a Jesus-filled week,
Pastors Brooks and Tammy McElhenny and the NCA Pastoral Team